B-DACS hopes that all our customers, staff, family and friends had a Merry Christmas and make a prosperous start to the New Year.
Coming to the end of 2013, we thought it was important for us to reflect on the past 12 months and share our highlights with you.
We have changed the way we run our business and will continue to improve the service we provide, as this is important to our customers. We have seen great value in listening to feedback from both customers and employees, and this can only enhance our service going forward.
We are are looking forward to some family time over the festive period. However, we have already started planning ahead to 2014, which we believe will be a great year for us.
Our Highlights of 2013
- We recruited four new members to our existing team, all with different roles in the business:
- Dayle started with us in May. He was being made redundant from his previous role as an Air Conditioning Engineer and we felt he would fit well into the existing team.
- Kevin was recruited in July as an Assistant Air Conditioning Engineer. When he was 16, Kevin was B-DACS’ first employee, working alongside Brian, who mentored him We are all amazed at how much Kevin remembers after 10 years away from the industry and are delighted to have him back.
- Rob started as our Social Media Manager in October. Since joining, he has written the content for our new website, posted our social media updates, written and edited our weekly blog, developed case studies and much more. We are lucky to have such a great writing talent in our team.
- John started as our first Project Manager in November. An electrician to trade, he has been working on the new Terminal 2 building at Heathrow for the past 3 years. John has experience line managing up to 30 staff, so is well equipped for the role.
- We were delighted to be finalists in the Glasgow Business Awards, coming down to the last six companies for Family Business of the Year. In 2014, we will sharpen up our nomination and hopefully win this time!
- We undertook a review of our old, outdated website and launched our new one, which focuses on the sectors we work in and showcases some of our projects to date. We now update the website regularly and have a weekly blog.
- We are also more proactive in the social media field and B-DACS has its own Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ and Facebook accounts, so make sure you follow our progress.
- Last but not least, we can’t forget celebrating our 10th year in business. We put on a lunch in the office for all our customers and took the staff go-karting to mark the event. Everyone had a fantastic time.
The team are very proud of all our achievements but we would not have been able to accomplish it all if it was wasn’t for the massive support from everybody.