All current vacancies are listed on this page. Please see below for full details.
B-DACS also welcomes speculative applications, but please note that we cannot always respond to individual applications. If you would be interested in working with us, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will get in touch if a suitable vacancy arises.
Air Conditioning Service Engineer Vacancy
Job Reference: 2017ACSERVICE002
The ideal candidate will be an Air Conditioning Engineer with at least 5 years’ experience in the building services industry. You will need to have experience of working in a busy and challenging environment.
At B-DACS, we pride ourselves on offering a quality, high end service to our established client base and we require all our engineers to meet these standards.
Job Title: Air Conditioning Service Engineer
Location: Based in the Edinburgh area
Working Pattern: 36 hours per week plus overtime
Holidays: 20 days plus 8 public holidays
Company Benefits: Provided with company vehicle & company fuel card, Pension Scheme, Childcare Vouchers, Staff Health Benefits Scheme
Your Role: The main purpose of the role is to visit customers premises and carry out fault diagnosis, repairs, servicing and preventative maintenance to their installed air conditioning systems. You must be able to work on your own with confidence and competence, displaying initiative at all times.
As part of this job, we would also expect you to communicate well with our existing clients, in order to build and maintain relationships.
Skills and Experience Required
- CSCS specific to the air conditioning industry (Preferably ACRIB)
- City & Guilds 2079
- IPAF and PASMA certification
- Manufacturers specific training i.e. Daikin, Mitsubishi, Toshiba (Preferred but not mandatory)
- General health and safety practices
- Customer focused; able to handle a variety of internal and external customer situations and build relationships with customer/suppliers.
- Ability to prioritise, plan and work within budget and to tight deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- IT knowledge/skills
- Driving license
- Responsible for servicing a range of air conditioning equipment including splits, multi-splits, packaged units, VRFs and VRVs
- Fault Diagnosis and Repairs of air Conditioning systems, assess faults and carry out repairs
- Troubleshooting to identify faults and make recommendation
- Interpret and complete forms clearly and in a timely manner
- Work as part of an existing team to service various air conditioning systems
- Create a safe working environment, manage risks and reduce exposure to liability
- You may be required to carry out other, reasonable tasks from time to time to enable you to meet the requirements of our business
- Technical experience, skills and ability to carry out fault diagnosis, repairs and basic maintenance to fixed air conditioning systems.
- Knowledge and understanding of installation work
- A careful and methodical approach to work
- The ability to make accurate measurements
- A head for heights and be prepared to work in all sorts of weather
- A willingness to work in confined spaces
- A presentable and pleasant manner
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Good team working skills and the ability to work on your own initiative
- A willingness to adapt to change
- Good problem-solving skills
To apply for this vacancy, please email your CV to email@example.com with Job Reference: 2017ACSERVICE002 and your name in the email subject.